The following are selected publications relevant to my current work as a research informationist:
- Federer, Lisa M. (2013) “Uses of Twitter across disciplines and throughout the scientific process.” Ideas in Ecology and Evolution 6(1). DOI:10.4033/iee.2013.6.7.c
- Federer, Lisa M. (2013). “Embedded with the Scientists: The UCLA Experience.” Journal of eScience Librarianship 2(1): Article 3. DOI:10.7191/jeslib.2013.1039
- Starr, Joan; Willett, Perry; Federer, Lisa; Horning, Claudia; and Bergstrom, Mary Linn. (2012). “A Collaborative Framework for Data Management Services: The Experience of the University of California.” Journal of eScience Librarianship 1(2): Article 7. DOI:10.7191/jeslib.2012.1014
Check out information about past and upcoming presentations, including supplemental data and handouts:
- Demystifying NIH Public Access Policy: Oceans of Opportunity for the Library
Poster session, Medical Library Group of Southern California and Arizona/Northern California and Nevada Medical Library Group 2013 Joint Meeting, La Jolla, CA, July 24-26, 2013. Includes poster, handout, and link to the UCLA LibGuide on the policy.
- All It Takes is One: Single-Session Data Literacy Instruction
Poster session, Medical Library Association 2013 Annual Meeting, May 5-8, 2013, Boston, MA. Includes slides from the data instruction session and the pre/post class assessment instrument.
- The Challenges and Opportunities of Providing Research Data Services: Perspectives From a Cross-section of Institutions.
Presentation, Digital Library Federation Forum, Denver, CO, November 4-5, 2012. See handout and community crowd-sourced notes.
- Evidence-Based Practice at the Bedside: The Librarian’s Role in Promoting EBP Mobile Apps
Poster session, Medical Library Group of Southern California and Arizona 2012 Symposium: Information Treasure Hunt: Supporting Evidence-Based Practice @ Your Institution. March 2, 2012, Los Angeles, CA.